Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Back in Haiti - Day 5 - Bon Bagay

Today was pretty neat. Spent the morning on the road with Oge to go pick up a team in Arcahaie. Arcahaie was the first community (outside of Petionville) that I visited when I first came in Haiti. It was nice to see the community again and some old friends. It was also nice to see the site and re-live some wonderful memories there.

It was great riding in a car with Oge today, too. I can't even tell you how much I missed our road trips. I made him a new cd and so we enjoyed some car dancing. Good times, as always.

This afternoon was pretty "poze." (Relaxing) I mostly looked at some theology homework and hung out a bit. At 4, though, the boys came with bracelet materials so I could take some photos of their work in progress. I took some great shots and I'm excited to compile them into resources that churches and other communities can use to tell their story.

Also fun was when I remembered that my camera has HD video. I got some GREAT footage and I'll be sure to upload some of those videos as well as (hopefully) an edited piece. I'm so excited for this possibility. It was a great day to see them and talk with them and see the bracelet process in action.

My time here is already coming to an end. So strange. However, I think once my time here is over I'll be anxious to get back to Fort Worth. I've done SOME studying since I've been here... but not enough for the 3 papers and 2 mid-term tests that are coming up next week. Yikes! So much to do, so little time.

Tomorrow Oge and I are headed to La Tremblay in the morning and in the afternoon I will meet with Pastor Paul and maybe take another trip to Rebo with Sarah. We shall see!

Have a great night, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Page Stats