Monday, July 26, 2010

Kansas City

So I suppose I should update and let you all know that I made it safely home to Kansas City.

It's weird being here, though. It doesn't feel like much has changed or anything. It's still great to see my friends and family, especially since it doesn't feel like anything has changed. That's always good to come home to. :)

However, this world is so vastly different from Haiti that being here makes Haiti feel like it's a billion miles away. I think that's what I'm going to struggle with the most - how do I help people from this place truly understand the realities that exist in Haiti? Prayers would be helpful as I explore that further.

Also prayers would be appreciated as I continue to process everything. I was processing things while I was in Haiti, but it's different trying to process things in the States because you're in a different context. Not that it's a bad context - just different. It's interesting to come back to a reality I've grown up knowing with knowledge of a new reality and trying to find ways to process both.

Anyway, yes, I am in Kansas City safe and sound. I'm headed to Colorado tomorrow and after about a week I'll be back in KC until the 12th. Then, I head back to Haiti to spend 4 months. I have a very strange life, but I suppose I wouldn't have it any other way. :)

Love to you and you and you and you,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Page Stats